amazing ballers

amazing ballers
buddie

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Beckham supports England to cause an upset in Brazil


England secured automatic qualification with a tense 2-0 win over Poland at Wembley earlier this month - and Beckham was impressed with Roy Hodgson's men as they clinched top spot in Group H.
The former England captain played in three World Cups during his lengthy international career - and he believes the squad is strong enough to compete with the top teams in Brazil.
Speaking to chief news reporter, Bryan Swanson, Beckham told Sky Sports News: "It's great that Roy and the team have reached the World Cup because it's going to be a special World Cup in Brazil.
"I think we've got some really talented young players and I think once you're in a World Cup and you're in that situation it's special for the players and I think anything can happen. We've definitely got the talent, we've definitely got the leadership. Fingers crossed."
Beckham has played down criticism from Sir Alex Ferguson in his autobiography, insisting he was not upset by suggestions he lost his focus before joining Real Madrid.

"t's great that Roy and the team have reached the World Cup because it's going to be a special World Cup in Brazil."

But the former Manchester United midfielder believes Ferguson would accept that he maintained a professional attitude throughout his career.

"I think if you speak to players, managers that I've played for and played with over the years such as Roy Keane, Zidane, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Raul, they'll all tell you that my career has been about hard work and I think the manager will as well," Beckham added.
"I have nothing negative to say about Sir Alex Ferguson because like I said, there is so much that I owe him for."
Beckham is set to take charge of a Major League Soccer franchise, with Miami his preferred destination, and he is determined to play an influential role as owner.
"I'll be passionate, same as what I have done throughout my career," he said. "I'll be dedicated. If I'm involved in something, then I'm involved in it 100 per cent.
"It's something that I'm going to be very proud of. I'm excited to get the community involved. I'm excited to get the city involved because I think that's what it's going to be all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment